2.29.2012

dress making


[tutorial found here]

Now that I know my way roughly around a sewing machine, I can not stop myself from sewing whatever I can. I am already having to remind myself that just because I can make something does not mean I have to make something. Crafting is not safe from the wrath of consumerism. That is why I will never join Pininterest because I will feel the undying urge to make everything I come across, and be filled with the restless spirit of wanting.

But, I did decide I needed to make this dress I had been wanting for a couple of years now. The first attempt took place before I had the proper cutting/measuring tools and it ended up being incredibly tight. I cut it to make a shirt and it was still too tight. (Sarah Bizer, you will be receiving this shirt in the mail if I can ever get myself over to FedEx.) The second one, I did this afternoon. I took my time measuring and sewing. There are a few minor uh-ohs, but overall, I love the result. I plan on wearing it to the weddings we are going to this year and, of course, in Hawaii.

I most likely will make more, maybe even a miniature version for Madison.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio