3.12.2014

another milestone

I have a working computer again, which is great. I am a little bothered I have not had the time to blog as much as I would like, but life is pretty all-consuming right now. Between graduate school, a phone that stopped streaming photos, and a non-working computer, life updates became hard to come by. 
Will and I decided that it would be best if I took off this next session of classes. So I am currently not taking a class and will resume this summer. It has been a nice mental break to not have to constantly worry about assignments I should be doing. We are hoping to take this time to regroup and then I can better handle school in the coming months. 
We have had quite the busy social calendar, which is something I am still getting used to. After being wanderers for five years, we are finally meeting people who genuinely care about us and want to be apart of our lives. I am incredibly grateful for the friendships that are forming and the community we are building here. 
This weekend was a warm one and we tried to take advantage of the weather. We took the girls on a quick bike ride. It was Eliza's first time in the bike trailer and they both did great. It makes us excited for the summer and all the future rides we can go on. 
The other big adventure we did this past weekend was buy a car. We decided against the Subaru, so we bucked that trend, and went with a Mazda CX-5. We traded in the Jeep, so we will still only have one car. I still can not believe that we were able to pull off buying a new car. I was also a bit sad to say goodbye to the Jeep. However, based on the errands I have run with the Mazda, I feel I will barely miss the Jeep. This car will get amazing gas mileage and is all-wheel drive. I am anxious to see how it drives in the snow without sliding all of the street and we will only have to fill up with gas half  the amount we did with the Jeep. Overall, I feel really great about getting this new car, I just struggle with being such a typical American buying an unused, extremely nice car. 
We attempted to take some pictures before we said farewell to the Jeep, but miss Madison was not in a picture taking mood. Oh well, we got to work with what we are given, ha. 





1 comments:

Emily Powell said...

You'll love the mazda. We had a mazda 3 when we got married. Had a TON of miles on it and we only had it three years but it was great. Never worked on once and great milage. Then, we bumped up to a cx-7 which they don't make anymore. But its following the same trend as the 3. We drive the heck out of it, had it for 3 years and never one issue...not one! Also, gets good gas milage!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio