8.19.2011

One Month Old



I am sure every parent says this, but time is moving at warp speed. One month, wasn't I just pregnant?

Here are some highlights from the first month:

* Madison is now eating chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, well she might as well be because I think that the milk pouring from me is doing about the same thing for her weight gain as any southern meal would.

* We have been using cloth diapers since Madison was two weeks old. I love, love them! They do not leak, do not irritate her skin, we always have them available, and I do not have to take the trash out everyday. I think everyone should use them, I find them a lot more convenient than disposables.

* I am pretty sure Madison is able to control her smile now. Kisses bring out the most grins. Even kisses from Aspen get the same toothless smirk.

* She recognizes our voices, especially Will's. She tries so hard to to follow his voice with her head, but she just can not quite get her head to do what she wants.

* She loves taking a bath with me. I think that if someone was to ask what the hardest part of parenthood is (besides the whole lack of sleep), it would be getting the stench out of her neck rolls. Seriously, I scrub them like three times in the bath and the smell never leaves. She just stores stuff in all her creases, and no matter how hard I try I can not get all the lint, dog hair, dry skin, and sour milk out. I told Will, I thought CPS would take her away because of this.

* She is extremely vocal. It is endearing during the day, but not so much at 4 am. She is full of squeals, squeaks, grunts, and moans. She has started to play with the different pitches. She makes these sweet cooing noises when she falls asleep, so adorable.


I can not wait to watch her grow and learn. It will be such a thrill to introduce her to everything. Madison has some exciting adventures ahead of her, including a plane ride in a week and a half to Denver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio