5.19.2014

half-marathon and instagram



I ran in another half-marathon this weekend. It was a different experience than all my others because I signed up with three of my other "mom" friends. They had not done a half-marathon before and I was the one who convinced them they were capable of running one. I knew that my pace was vastly different than theirs, but knew that the race was about helping them to finish. We stayed together the entire race and I finished about 50 minutes slower than all my other races I had done. However, it was a really wonderful day with friends. 

Will woke the girls up early and pulled them in the bike trailer to meet me different places in the race. It was so much fun to see Madison eagerly waiting for me. The picture above is right at the beginning. She had run full blast into my arms, like I was the best thing she had ever seen. 

We had brunch reservations for our rowdy bunch afterwards. Luckily, the manager decided to give us a private section of the restaurant and we could enjoy our meal. We have seven kids between us and they are all a bit wild. These are the moms I first met when I moved to Denver. We all started off with just one child about the same age and the past three years we have added children, changed jobs, and moved houses. I am thankful that we have been able to watch each other grow as mothers and have some time to enjoy things that do not directly involve our children. 

I feel myself getting an itch to do another marathon, but I think that might be too much crazy to add to our life. 




I also decided that I would attempt to take part in instagram. My phone is taking progressively worse photos, but I might as well give it a try. I am pretty convinced I will not figure out or use hashtags, but at least I will have a way to organize some of my iphone photos in a way that is easy to share. But lets be honest, my instagram will be less than interesting with my constant photos of the girls, but I know that the grandparents might like it. So I added a link to the account to the side of this page. I have no idea how to properly search for people, so please add me. For example, just a random example, if I search "Claire Lester," I get results that are not exactly what I am looking for... 

I officially spend all my free time today updating my blog a bit, writing two blogs posts, putting pictures on the computer, and figuring out a username for instagram. Little things like that take so much time now and the window to accomplish them is so small. Oh children! 

1 comments:

Emily Powell said...

Good for you! I could never do it!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio