6.05.2014

a two week recap

Will says that I set impossible standards on myself, but it has been bothering me I have not had a chance to write a post about some of the things we have been doing these past two weeks. 

Two weekends ago, some of the girls (or are we women?), went away for the night. One of them has a family house in Silverthorne on the golf course there. It ended up being so much fun. I had decided at the last minute to go and it was worth it for me to get away. We did not do much except shop at some outlets, but it was still a nice change of pace. 

We then had a week of wonderful weather. The good thing is that now I am pretty sure the beautiful weather is here to stay. So I spent the week trying to do as much yard work as possible for Will. We have high hopes for our backyard to be ready for outdoor events. I pulled a lot of weeds, dug up piles of dirt, mowed the lawn, put down landscape fabric, and so much more! We have nearly everything prepped for the huge delivery of rocks we should be ordering soon. I am excited to have nearly all the areas of weeds on our property taken care of. Landscaping work is so much more difficult than what it seems and requires more work then I ever imagined. My advice for home buyers, put a lot of emphasis on whether or not the yard is landscaped because it will require a lot of money and work to get it manageable. 

We then packed up and headed to Bozeman a week ago. I was really nervous about the whole driving ten hours in the car with two kids thing. The drive ended up not being terrible and I found great relief by driving and allowing Will to entertain the girls. One of us sat in between the car seats in the back nearly the entire time. Once we got to Bozeman, it was really neat to be back. Unfortunately, we picked an odd time to visit and none of the fun community events were going on. We did get to catch up with some friends and explore downtown a bit. It was really fun to see family as well and makes me excited for the new addition that Aunt Erin is busy growing! 

Now we are back at home. I am trying to catch up on school work that I have I did not have time to work on while we were away. We will also be finally finishing all the projects that we recently started. We are also dealing with a certain 11 month old who is rebelling against sleep. 

1 comments:

Emily Powell said...

yard work IS so hard but I love a good before and after! I just think of it as a work out and a good way to burn calories ;) {Sorry if this posts twice}

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio