4.13.2011

Rejected

After many weeks of anxiously waiting for my decision letter from Texas State's graduate program, I finally sucked it up and asked them directly on the phone. Rejected. I had been preparing myself for this decision, but it was still a bit of a shock. I could list the reasons why I felt qualified for the program, but that serves no real purpose. I feel mostly ok with this decision that was made for me because now I do not have to put on my thinking cap a month after our girl is born. I can just be a mom. The problem is I know that I will eventually want to have a career in the counseling field once the child is older. I feel down about that door being shut for right now. It also brings into question our decision to move to Austin.

However, Will has come across several jobs in the southern states that have excited me. We both agree that we are in such a foreign place right now. We have absolutely no idea what the future holds for us. It is somewhat exhilarating, yet baffling at the same time. I pray that we use this opportunity to fully trust in God's will for us and not our own plans. It is kind of nice we do not have our own plans to rest in right now, I just pray we can really grow in our faith that we claim to have. We do know that I will for sure give birth in Texas, but after that, who knows. If it was up to Will we would live in a sail boat and make our way around the Caribbean.

After that disappointing news, my spirits were lifted by the cloth diapering class we attended. (yes, WE, I have a fabulous husband!!!) We have now purchased all the necessary ingredients to diaper our child for (hopefully less than) three years. We bought 10 all in one cloth diapers. We received two free and were given two from a door price I won. So 14 total. We also bought some extra cloth pre-folds and a diaper pail. All for $225! Here is a quick snap shot of the goods. I ordered the 12 others in more feminine colors.



As far as pregnancy goes, there is not much to update on. My feet are not hurting as much any more, so I may have gone running (more like hobbling) a couple times last week. My gym membership expired so to save us money I have been making due on my own. I have been going to Yoga three times a week and walking an hour four or so days a week.

Husband incident of the week:

Baby girl had not been moving much on Sunday. She usually grooves in the morning or even during the music at church, but nothing almost all day. Will put his head on my belly anticipating her movement, but I told him, she just was not moving today. He said baby (well, actually the name that we have been trying out) move and she kicked him right in the face three times. Then she went back to sleeping the rest of the day. It was cute.



I just bought that white shirt and felt pretty cute today. Well, until I realized I had spilled coffee on my stomach. Just lovely how the belly is the catch all now.

Time is really going by now. Especially since I have been busy this week. Substitute teaching and babysitting. Three weeks until I move to Texas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio