11.10.2011

we are family



Madison has been taking some pretty awesome afternoon naps (I think it is because the sun is setting so early), which means the "witching" hour is not as bad anymore. I am sure Will appreciates being welcomed home by a smiling family instead of the frazzled mess of a crying baby. So we took the opportunity to have some fun with her yesterday. The last picture is by far our favorite.

I have been attempting to explain to Will my feelings about his time in our life, but I can not seem to find the right words. The best explanation I have is that for the first time ever there is not something to look forward to. What I mean is, in elementary school you must learn to read to go to the next grade, in junior high you have to learn algebra for high school, in high school you have to get excellent grades for college, in college you must keep building that resume to get a job, during an engagement you are counting down until the big day, during pregnancy everything is put on hold in anticipation for the baby, and so on. Now that I am in this place of finally finishing all the must dos, I can just be. It is a very odd thing to suddenly turn off a mentality I have had since I was six years old. I am beginning to think that maybe I should have been living this way all along; only living for today because that is all we really have.

So, impromptu family photo shoots are my way to live just for today with my little family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio