1.27.2012

Five Things on Friday

1. We officially "sleep trained" our baby. If you have no idea what the heck this means, it is the process of teaching your child to fall back asleep at night with out any assistance from the parents. The way in which one does this is by putting them in their bed at night and not going back in until the morning. There are gentler ways to do this, but little miss was too stubborn for those ways, so we had not just let her figure it out all by herself. It seems to have worked with out any permanent damage, ha. She still wakes up fairly frequently, but just jingles her toys and goes back to sleep.

2. I thought that once she slept through the night I would feel like a new woman. Unfortunately, I have been more exhausted this week than I was when she was waking up every 2 hours. Will thinks its because my body is finally trying to recover. Today, I actually feel a lot less tired, so lets hope this feeling lasts.

3. Will and I are going on a tour of a Whiskey Distillery tomorrow. We have been so focused on this sleep issue, that we have not had much time to do anything outside our home. I thought we could start fresh this weekend and begin to recapture our adventurous self's. So drinking whiskey sounds like a wonderful start to that!

4. We booked our tickets to Hawaii to see Grant in April. I am unbelievably excited. Even more exciting than that is my brother being scheduled to leave Afghanistan on March 9th. I am also going to go to his Army ball with him, which means I get to wear a fancy dress, which means I have to buy a fancy dress.

5. I made oatmeal cookies on Tuesday and I have had about five every day this week. Thank goodness for the mega calories nursing Madison burns. Its like the more I eat, the more I lose. A little frustrating since now all my clothes are too big, but I am sure I will gain all this weight back once I stop breastfeeding.

Sadly, everyone that reads this blog probably knows everything I listed above. There really has not been much going on in our house besides the sleep issues. Hopefully, now that we found a resolution there will be more photos and outings to blog about.

The only picture I have from these past two weeks, is one I did not even take. My camera needed a new memory card badly, so my picture taking suffered. We have been taking swim lessons so this was before our class on Wednesday. Just ignore my zombie eyes and focus on the adorable baby in the swim suit.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio