1.17.2012

Six Months



[I feel this picture captures her sassy smirk and how big she actually is]

- Madison weighs 15.5 lbs, she has officially doubled her birth weight.

- She is still extremely active. She has mastered rolling from every angle and showed Will how well she can roll across the floor the other day. She has figured out how to maneuver herself backwards towards our bookshelf in her walker and then rip the contents of the shelf off.

- She is an eater. We have been feeding her foods for about two weeks now. She was beyond ready, like take the spoon and put it right in her mouth ready. She has loved everything I have given her, except carrots. Those made her gag and cry.

- She has found new ways to get our attention, like continuous coughing. It started off as a dainty cough, to get us to laugh, and has now turned into non stop coughing. She really likes doing this in her crib so that we come in to get her.

- She plays with my hair while I am nursing her. And just recently started playing with her own hair. It is so adorable to see her chunky little fingers reach up to her head and grasp her hair.

- She can sit all by herself for five to ten minutes at a time. She catches her balance much better when naked, but we only let her sit like that for short periods of time.

- She is really interactive with strangers. I have really enjoyed watching her light up someone's day. I have had several people tell me how much it meant to them to see her smiling. I love that she likes other people as much as us.

- Yet another month of not sleeping. Christmas was disastrous for her sleep and has stayed pretty rough since then. I am talking, not sleeping for longer than 1.5 to 2 hours at a time. We have been letting her cry it out, but that only produces less sleep and more stress. She has gotten really great about going down for naps and going to bed initially, just won't stay asleep.

- You can always tell when she is tired because her eyes get beet red, she hits herself in the head over and over again, and continually chunks all her toys across the room. Such a diva.


My beautiful baby with her golden locks of hair. She is such an adorable mess.


Some outtakes of our photo shoot this morning.



Even though this month I was the most exhausted I have ever been, I can feel I fell in love with her even more. She is developing so rapidly and it is continually an adventure to be around her. I just keep saying she is like a little person, I mean obviously that is exactly what she is, but her movements and abilities are beginning to resemble ours more and more each day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio