10.25.2012

we love visitors, hint, hint

 This past weekend my friend from high school, Claire, came into town. We have been friends since we were freshmen in high school. I am really thankful for her friendship because through out each stage of our life she has always made an effort to keep in touch with me. From letters we would write in college to long emails when I was lonely in Bozeman. She has shown such support and enthusiasm for me through out every life change that has occurred, especially Madison. It means so much to me, that she will think of Madison when she is casually shopping in Target and purchase her the most adorable coat and then insist on buying her something when are looking around the shops in Estes Park, it is just so thoughtful. 

The point being, I am thankful for her friendship and the effort she made to come and visit us, I had so much fun. 

We went to a fancy dinner on Friday night when she arrived and Madison behaved beautifully, it was awesome. 

We then woke up Saturday morning and spent all day in Estes Park. Claire was such a great sport about us dragging her all over the town, even up a mountain. I am sure she was worn out by the time her flight left on Sunday, but she never complained, ha! 

So hopefully all this super fun looking pictures Claire took, will inspire others to come and visit us. It would almost be like a vacation. If a vacation to you involves waking up at six in the morning, having a baby wipe snot on your sleeve, and having a desperate-for-attention dog smother you with kisses.


Madison will show you all her tricks, like putting herself in luggage. 


 We could go exploring in the Rocky Mountain National Park. Since most of you will come from sea level, you could also be subject to altitude sickness, sorry Claire!


You could be our photographer and take pictures of us.





 We could also take pictures with you!



You could watch Madison beat on Aspen.


Madison could steal your iPhone and take self portraits of her belly.


And you could to see all the sides of a baby. This was right before she entered into a no-nap induced scream fest. 


Overall, we just really enjoying sharing our lives with other people. We spend most of our days just the three of us (well, four if you count Aspen), and it is nice to have some company. 

It snowed all last night and so it seems all the fall colors are gone for the season. We did manage to finally decorate for Halloween before the snow hit. So we have a scarecrow out front that is covered in snow.

1 comments:

* said...

I had such a blast! That baby is the most precious thing I have ever seen. Your post was so sweet it made me tear up, and I am equally as grateful for our friendship. Glad you liked the pictures I took and I will definitely be coming back!
xoxo

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio