2.24.2013

paint mishaps

My recent decorating endeavors began when my mom gave us money to purchase the matching dryer for our washer. We ended up getting a pretty good deal on the dryer because the model was discontinued and ours was repaired at Lowes, so that was great. This new dryer gave me the motivation I needed to make our odd, slanted roof, sloping floors, laundry room a little more welcoming. This part of the house is also the add-on and leads to our backdoor. 

Our entire house is pretty much accented with a lot of bright colors, they make me happy. So I wanted to think of  color we had not used yet, and red it was. I knew I only wanted to paint one wall so I figured I could go pretty bold with the color. 

The curtains are sewn from our old shower curtain. The side table is one we actually had in our bedroom, but I repainted it my go-to color, teal. The orange basket for all the dirty cloth diapers is from the dollar store. The fence post sign is one I repainted after I had made three fence post signs this summer. And the bird prints are from Hobby Lobby and were half off and the frames are from Target. 

I am very pleased with how the space turned out. I keep asking Will if it just makes him want to stay back there all day and fold clothes? Given the number of clothes he has folded, I guess his answer is no.




But this project was not without a little set back. When I start something, I am determined to finish it. So I went with baby to pick out paint colors. If anyone has ever tried to concentrate on anything while wrestling with a toddler, they probably know how hard it is to concentrate. That leads us to the original paint color, a clearly not read color. Since I did not want to waste an entire can of paint I decided to use that color for our front guest room. I am still not entirely sure what color it is and it doesn't match anything in the room, but at least it is cheery, right?




With all the painting and target trips, I decided I am finished decorating for a while. That is until I make the renovations necessary to accommodate two children in one bedroom. Which might be an interesting challenge if the newest addition is a little man.

1 comments:

Emily Powell said...

I love all the bright color choices you use! I like neutrals but LOVE color as well. I need to find a happy medium somehow.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio