2.04.2013

why I will never make it in the blogging world

I have spent a little bit of time debating whether or not I want to use this blog for something other than keeping my family and friends up to date on our lives. 

So many of the blogs I read say, "I just started off to keep our family updated and now I have 7,000 followers." 

But the more thought I put towards expanding my blog, if you will, I decided it is just not for me. 
I could never keep up with the constant social media rat race. 

I could never blog enough, twitter enough, facebook enough, take self-portraits enough to build my own little blog empire. 
I even bought an ipod hoping I could be cool like all the iphone people and take such cute, perfectly edited, instagram photos, but turns out the ipod camera is really not that great. 

And the majority of the time, the ipod is uncharged in a totally different room than where my daughter is doing that super cute thing. So our lives go mostly undocumented because try as I might to be a good documenter I can barely keep up with my phone, let alone a camera. How, oh, how people have their phones on them to catch all those pictures constantly, I will never know. Lets not even talk about all the things people tweet, I mean their phones must literally be another appendage. 
I am not on Facebook, not on twitter, and obviously could never sustain an instagram account because I would rather spend my time face to face with my memories instead of behind some form of technology to document them. 

I often feel like I am letting my whole life slip by because I did not take a picture of a certain event or I did not write a certain thing down, but its another lesson in not comparing myself to others and giving myself a break. 

 I am literally with Madison every waking moment of the day. I think that I am storing away enough memories because I am not really missing any part of her life, I get a front row seat to it all. 

All that to say, I will still try to document as much as possible, it will just go a little something like this.... 


This was my attempt at trying to capture my growing belly and the fact I actually got dressed. My little photo bomber had a different agenda, ha. 

Happy Monday!  We head to Texas tomorrow. Crazy to think it will likely be our last trip back for a long, long time. Traveling with two kids and paying for three plane tickets, probably not going to happen.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio