1.29.2013

half-way

20 weeks

 It seems we are finally on the up and up. Will came back early Friday morning and we have been trying to regain our sense of normalcy. 

Friday morning we went to a family breakfast at a local eatery, it was wonderful. Then we headed over to the children's museum and let Madison play, while I pretended to ignore all the germs. On Saturday, we had a quick little valentine's photo shoot with a mom friend of mine that is a photographer. Madison was less than cooperative, so who knows how they will turn out. Sunday was a beautiful day. We went to church and went on a family bike ride to get ice cream.

So I think we did a sufficient job of enjoying each others company again. Its amazing how much energy having a little help gives me. Even when Will leaves for work in the morning now, its not that bad because I know he will at least be there at night to help me. I am thankful for the time I had with just Madison because I think  needed to prove to myself I could handle my own child, but I am really thankful I have help again. It was pretty lonely around here. 

Which brings us to today, the anatomy ultrasound for our second little peanut. Even though I was a bit distracted with our crazy toddler running around and crying, I was still in awe that another soul is being formed inside of me. I showed great restraint and refrained from looking at the screen when the gender parts were in view, so we will have to wait until June to know. But my gosh, these siblings look the same. I compared Madison's ultrasound to this one and it is almost identical. Exact same profile!


 


It seems strange to say, but I know that this baby is already acting different than Madison. I hardly feel this baby move at all, maybe it is just positioned differently, who knows. However, I felt Madison constantly from about 15 weeks on. Crossing my fingers that means this baby is just slightly less busy. 

So here we are, 20 weeks down, 20 weeks to go, yikes! With Madison I could hardly wait for July to arrive so I could meet her, but with this baby, I am a little less anxious. Imagining two children is still too much for my mind to handle sometimes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio