1.03.2013

the winter blues

It happens every year, but every year it takes me by surprise. I find myself in a bit of a slump. I thought that I was really embracing the Christmas spirit and would be able to joyfully celebrate another year passing, but no such luck. Even though this year was incredibly full and wonderful, I still mourn the passing of time. With every new year, I get a bit freaked out about the date, 2013?? It sounds so futuristic, right? I also had a bit of a hard time with out family. So mix the winter cold with pregnancy emotions and I am just a mess. 

But, yesterday I decided to take ownership of my funk and do something about it. I joined the 24 hour gym that includes child care. Lets be honest, the child care is actually the only reason I joined. I am tired of constantly complaining about how I never get a break, blah, blah, blah. I am also joining a group at a church in the area called MOPS (mother's of preschoolers). I can chat with other moms while someone else watches my kid for free. And my mother gifted me a membership to the children's museum and zoo for Christmas. So I have several options now to get out of the house without much of a expense to us. 

Enough about my seasonal depression... (I should really live somewhere where the sun shines all year round.) Here are some pictures of our last month as a family. 

We went to the Zoo lights one evening before Christmas. Madison enjoyed the lights and the Christmas music playing in the background. 

Then it was Christmas. We only really took pictures of Madison opening her stocking (which I made, toot, toot my horn). I think she was pretty overwhelmed with the day, luckily we did not go overboard with gifts. We purchased one gift for her. 

The very next day we headed to Durango. The parents of Will's longtime friend have a house there. We split up the drive over two days and Madison did pretty well in the car and hotel. Once we got to Durango, our plans of a ski trip were put on halt due to a little thing called pregnancy. Will got to go snowboarding two days and I had the privilege of watching Madison. It was still fun to get away for a few days.

Now we are back into the swing of things. 

Our anniversary is tomorrow, 4 years! So we are going to celebrate by watching the Cotton Bowl, go Ags!



 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio