8.28.2014

yet another house update!

I am roughly coming to terms with my need to constantly be changing up my decor. I really do like making our home a space that I feel inspired, comfortable, and aesthetically pleased. I am constantly working within my own boundaries of hating clutter, frugality, and practicality of having two small children. The majority of the updates I have done this year have cost less than $5,  were dumpster finds, and done by rearranging decor used in other rooms.

 The only real update I have left to do is our bathroom. I have wanted a dark painted room for some time (pretty much black). I thought that the bathroom would be a small enough space that I would not regret the decision. We are purchasing the items needed for the update a little at a time. Right now, I have the new shower curtain that I bought from Urban Outfitters. We are still waiting on buying new towels, a rug, and a new wall rack to add more storage. 

Let's start from the front door. 






I found the coffee table in the dumpster. It needed some glue to put it back together because it was in two parts. I also painted it white to hopefully cover whatever may have been left from the previous owner. The white, wooden chair by the door was also a dumpster find. Will says I have a problem. The gray rug I actually bought new from Urban Outfitters. The sheep skin rug was a craigslist purchase. Let's just say I thought it would be much larger. 


I finally added Eliza's little silhouette to our family collage. 



Our room is mostly the same. That rug has had many homes the past few months, but I like where it has settled now. The biggest change for our room is that it is actually ours now. We have moved everything that is baby related into the girl's shared room. This is another reason for the bathroom remodel, it will be a celebration of reclaiming our room. 





I am still probably going to be tweaking their room, but it is in a spot that I feel good about. The quilt on Madison's bed was made by Will's mom. Everything else I made. Those tassels are made out of a dollar store table cloth and I had to add embroidery hoops somehow. 


We keep all of their toys in the closet. We are fortunate to have such huge closets that this seems to work well for now. When Eliza eventually leaves her beloved pack-n-play we are hoping for bunk beds, which will leave more space for toys in the actual room. 


I know it is kind of taboo to have toilet pictures, but I have never shown the guest bathroom. It is hard to photograph because of how small it is, but hopefully you get the gist. I had to have that ampersand sign even though Will continually asks me what exactly it means. I tell him I have no idea, I just really like it, ok??




Another view our repainted cabinets and homemade table. I am still so pleased with our cabinets. Those flowers on the table are from a bush that came with the house and  have absolutely ignored. It grows larger every year and is now producing the most beautiful flowers. How that works and then we immediately kill all our flowers we purchase, I have no idea?



The room that has continually changed. Since Eliza booted us out of our room for twelve months, we had to find a bed we could comfortably sleep in. I found a tempurpedic mattress from a dad in our neighborhood who just thought, "it was much too soft." I actually prefer the mattress over ours. The new comforter was a garage sale find and is a bit lumpy, but Will prefers the pattern over the other one. 

That is what our house looks like exactly in this moment because I took these photos about fifteen minutes ago. 

Maybe next I will blog about our family adventures we have gone on the past two weeks. 



1 comments:

Emily Powell said...

Your house is so light and airy. Love it!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio