10.24.2011

Maybe I am not doing such a bad job...

Will sent me this article about babies and the way children learn. The part that stood out the most to me was this quote,

"Very young children learn best from their everyday experiences of people and things, and from being able to playfully explore the world in a safe setting with people who love and care for them."

I sometimes get caught up in wondering if I am doing enough to stimulate Madison. Am I encouraging her development enough, and on and on. You may have noticed she never has any sort of toys or children things around her, that is because we do not have any yet. This is mostly due to how much I despise clutter, but either way, our toys are her toys. It is reassuring to me that all of those plastic toys are not necessary for Madison to thrive. I feel confident in our ability to give Madison a loving environment where she can playfully explore.

[http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/23/opinion/gopnik-ted-children-learning/index.html?&hpt=hp_c2]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio