10.20.2011

One Year Ago

I was recovering from running a marathon.



We spent nine long months training and finally were able to complete something we had worked so hard for. I remember thinking that we could have had a baby in the same amount of time it took to train, well, one year later, look what we did.




We spent some quality time with the baby that took nine months to make. I feel like running a marathon and having a baby are pretty high up on the list of accomplishments. I am not sure I will ever be able to top them, unless of course I run another marathon and have another baby.

I am so thankful I had Will as my partner through all of this. Life would just not be as fulfilling if I did not have him to share these moments with.

This past weekend, we drove an hour to a pumpkin patch, only to discover, the entire freeway was stalled with eager pumpkin pickers. Feeling just a tad discouraged, we headed to Boulder instead. We got to people watch, drink some coffee, and drool at all the Patagonia clothing we will never be able to afford. Baby girl was a rockstar. She slept the entire time and when she woke up in the coffee shop, she was a showstopper. Everyone loves babies. Especially babies in Gap skinny jeans.

Just a little side note, those jeans I have on, are the same ones I wore the day before I ran the marathon. I am not able to run more than 45 minutes at a time, but at least I am slowly getting my wardrobe back. So just in case you happen to gain fifty pounds during pregnancy and end up weighing more than your husband, there is hope. (not saying that I did that or anything...)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio