10.04.2011

The Past Month



This is just a glimpse into what our days look like...

- Some tummy time. This is usually followed by a pool of spit up on the pillow and Madison loosing head control and smearing it all over.
- Laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. Madison is an expert bed maker though.
- Trying on Gap Skinny jeans that finally fit.
-Snuggling up while I vacuum with her in the carrier.
- Getting ready to meet Will for lunch at a park
- Some self-portraits
-Running one evening with Will. This run ended in Will sprinting home because Madison decided to scream the last half.



This is the hike I mentioned. We went to the state park in Golden. At the end she decided she no longer wanted to be held in the carrier so Will had to hold her the last mile. She seemed rather pleased to be sprawled out in Will's arms. Then when we got back to the car we discovered she had blown out her diaper and I had not remembered to bring an extra pair of clothes. She sat naked in the car seat and cried all the way home.



We made it out to Estes Park. Madison had to see the place that inspired her name. We mostly stayed in town because I was a bit nervous to try hiking again. We learned that Madison did not feel comfortable sleeping in a new environment. So instead of holding her all night, we put her in the carseat. This seemed to work until 6 am rolled around and she was up for the day. Will and I are slowly learning to adjust to all the changes having a baby brings. No more relaxing nights in a hotel getaway.



This was the most exciting thing that has happened this past month. Madison finally got to meet Uncle Grant. She immediately started smiling and cooing at him. She was fascinated with his uniform and was studying every part of it. Everyone was quite emotional when he made his way down the escalator. Such wonderful memories.




Grant had to make up for lost time and held Madison almost constantly through out our visit. It was adorable how much she enjoyed his company. He got to give her baths, rock and sing her to sleep, make silly faces at her, but escaped with out changing any of her diapers. It breaks my a heart a bit to think of what a different baby she will be when he sees her again. We are already planning on making the trip to Hawaii when he finishes with his deployment in May.



Will finally came in for the last weekend we were in Texas. It was so wonderful to relax as a whole family and have everyone spend quality time with Madison. She did really great. Only a couple of melt downs, but nothing her Grandpa or Uncle couldn't handle with some country music singing. I was a bit sad to leave and head back to Colorado. It was hard to go from being surrounded by constant baby helpers to doing it all by myself again.


That is what we have been up to in a nut shell. I am getting the hang of being a stay at home mom. I get pretty restless sometimes. I now understand why one of my friends in Bozeman would pay me to come over for a few hours each week. Even if moms do not have an official job, they still need a break. We are working on ways for me to get a break, but right now I have to focus on how precious all these moments are. She will not always be this needy and when she is throwing herself on the floor because I won't let her ride on Aspen, I will want these moments back. Overall, I am really loving Colorado and the area we live.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio