4.25.2012

getting those ears pierced


Before she was born, I knew I wanted to get her ears pierced when she was still a baby. However, the thought of altering any part of her prevented me from doing it sooner. 

After seeing all the adorable Hispanic girls around where we live, and having a few too many people refer to her as a boy, I decided to just go for it. 

The plan was to do it at her nine-month appointment, but I just walked right into Claire's yesterday and plopped her down. I did not have a pacifier, bottle, nothing, we just went for it. 

She was really bothered I was holding her down and not letting her chew on all the sparkly jewelry, but once we could walk around again, she was fine. 

I think she looks beautiful, but I thought she looked beautiful before. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your thoughtful reasoning and description and pictures of having your dd's ears pierced. I think you were a smart mommy for doing it now when mommy can care for them.

Our ped also encouraged to do it before six months :) I think babies and little girls with pierced ears are adorable. It celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their infant dd's ears pierced as well as for "Tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced/Care of Newly Pierced Ears."

If you or any other moms thinking about it and want to do it now or would like them, write me an e-mail.

Angie
Angietune@hotmail.com

Emily Powell said...

thanks so much for leaving me such a sweet comment on my blog! I loved hearing from you!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio