4.02.2012

some happenings...

1. We went to Texas last weekend and it was amazing. Our little lady actually slept really well at night while we were there (refused naps, though) and so we had energy to hop around visiting everyone. The weather was gorgeous and it reminds me why I still miss Texas sometimes. There is just such a comfort there and hopefully, it will always feel like home for us.

2. We have a CRAWLER. She has such a funny crawl, but I love it. I am also discovering that crawling and the word "no" go hand in hand. Long gone are the days where I can just pick her up and move her away from items she can not have, like, Aspen's water bowl. We have to watch her a bit closer, but it is a lot of fun and I think she is really pleased with herself.

3. She also popped a tooth. Well, its not fully in yet, but it broke through her gum. I guess the days of her chewing on our nose are gone too.

4. It has been extremely warm here. So I put her down jacket and full bodied bear suit away. When Will noticed this, he said, "by the time its cold enough for her to wear those again, she will be too big for them." I think between the teeth and the crawling, we are getting a bit sentimental.

5. Our loan paper work is still being processed, but I am assuming we are still scheduled to close April 12. We (well, mostly me) go from feeling extremely excited, to extremely overwhelmed with all the projects/decorating possibilities and the cost of all those things. We have implemented a policy where we will be writing down everything we spend in order to keep close watch on our budget. I already enjoy buying things second hand, but now I am making it a mission to first look at Goodwill before I fall victim to the lure of Target. I am almost finished redecorating our bedroom with all pillows I have made. Its a lot more satisfying to know I made our decor versus just purchasing it pre-made.

6. We leave for Hawaii the day after we close on the house. I can not believe it is next week, yikes! We will be starting our research on side effects of dosing children with Benadryl.





Some pictures from our visit in Texas. We are riding on the train that Will's dad built.



Madison's new past time, tearing up paper.

1. Oh yay, paper to tear, I love it.

2. Oh dear, she caught me.

3. Am I in trouble, please, say, no.

4. If I smile at the camera, will that make up for the mess I made?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio