4.26.2012

hawaii


Landing in Hawaii. Take note of our naked baby. We stuffed her with food the entire seven hour plane ride and twenty minutes before landing she threw it all up on two different outfits. It was also odd to have it still be daylight outside because we had been traveling for the entire day.


Our first day at the beach. This was at a bay on the North Shore. The temperatures were not as warm as I had anticipated. Between the chilly water and constant wind, Madison (and me) did not get in the water much. 


 This was at the Army Ball that I went to with Grant.


Another attempt to get a picture with my daughter. She is much more interested in playing in the waves. She loved the waves and the water, she would giggle every time a new one would come in.


 Grant took over a lot of Madison duties for us. It was nice to have someone else hold her for a little while.


The one day that we got to get away on our own. This was taken on the Lanikai beach. It was more of what I imagined Hawaii to be like. It was a green mountainous drive to get there. The town had beautiful homes with luscious yards. The beach was not super touristy and the islands off the edge of shore were neat. I would say this was my favorite beach we saw. Will really enjoyed the North Shore. If I had to give any advice it would be stay far, far way from Honolulu and Wakiki Beach, you might as well be in Miami.


This is with Will's camera, can you tell?? I think this one might make its way in a frame. 


 This was at Pearl Harbor. If it had been up to me, I probably would have skipped this. However, my mother was pretty adamant about going. The most interesting part was the short film they showed before we made our way out to the monument. It was filled with a lot of information I had either forgotten or never even knew. It was a reminder of the fine line between innovation and devastation.


 While I had visions of laying out on the beach for hours on end, this is actually what I spent my  time at the beach doing. She could not get enough.


Apparently, the only decent pictures we can take of the two of us, is when we are not looking at the camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio