7.17.2012

party before mush

Madison turned one on Saturday. I feel I have so much emotion running through me, that I am just not quite sure how to express yet. So I will just post the fun pictures from the party we had for her. 

To top off the emotions I felt about her turning one, we had my entire family (mom, brother, dad) all here for almost a week. There were a few times I thought my heart my literally explode with happiness. I can not fully describe how wonderful it was to have my family celebrating and enjoying Madison along side us. Not to mention the tremendous help they were in finishing up projects around the house and all the entertaining they did for Madison. There was one moment where we were all outside of our house, sitting on the porch, watching Madison explore in the yard, that I thought I could freeze time and be content to live there forever and ever.

Anyways, I said I would talk about the party before the mush, so here it goes...





Madison's party was our first time to really host a get together like this. I did not want to go over the top with the decorations and party planning, but I still had just a few moments of panic. Luckily, my family helped with so much, that I could just really enjoy the day and soak in my one-year old. We cooked hamburgers on the new grill my dad bought us, I had fresh fruit cut up,  I made her strawberry birthday cake, and I made all the decorative tissue pom-poms. So pretty simple, but it was still really great. My dad also convinced us to buy a window-like AC unit, which made all the difference in the world for the party. 

I kept saying that everything was exactly how envisioned it would be in my head, and I was really sad when the day was over. It was just so great and then poof it was gone. Kind of how the entire year has been, just poofing away.

Will and I both feel like we are truly loving every moment of where we are in life right now. We have this beautiful house that is uniquely ours, this amazing child who finally sleeps and is wildly entertaining, we have each other, and a family who supports and loves us. It is just so great and I want the days to stop passing.

1 comments:

skurbs said...

AWWWWW HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MADISON!! I am so happy for you and your family and the Smith side looks great as always! Love you so much!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio