7.05.2012

its july???

It is always hard for me to believe how fast time is going by. I am not sure I will ever really come to terms with it, but in ten short days my baby will be ONE. 

I still remember exactly what it felt like to be so pregnant last July 4th. Pretty sure I sat on my moms couch all day and could barely hold a conversation. I was convinced I would be pregnant forever (why do people even think that, no one has ever been pregnant forever, but I was certain I would be). And now fast forward a year and I am swimming in a pool with my baby girl and cheering her on as she nose dives in the water. 

I would much rather have this 4th of July than last, but I am still a little bit sad at how fast its all flying by. Especially now since she sleeps (almost) through the night and does the most adorable things ever. I just hope it just keeps getting better because right now life with Madison seems pretty darn good and I am not really in a rush to see it pass. 

We are still really loving our home. Besides the whole no AC thing, what the heck Colorado is supposed to be cooler than Texas??? We have been still trying to accomplish those pesky items on our never ending to do list, but still trying to take time away from that list also. 

We bought a bike trailer for Madison a couple of weeks ago and have already used it quite a bit. The first weekend we had it we rode 26 miles to a farmer's market in the town next to Denver, called Golden. The ride was not too bad, but it was so flipping hot, we practically cooked in the sun. She seems to like the trailer and it has been nice to cart her to the grocery store and such. 

I have taken a hodge podge of pictures the past couple of weeks so here they are... 

 This is what my days consist of, continually cleaning up after my little mess. I trade cleaning up the mess for the 30 minutes it keeps her entertained. I love that she knows how to put on my necklaces. Surely she did not learn it from me because I have not worn those things in forever.

 We borrowed this walker from one of her "friends." She pretty much keeps her mouth open the entire time and makes a humming noise. Its like she is so happy she can finally walk around she just can't keep it in. (excuse my pajama shorts, it takes longer than I care to admit to change out of them in the morning).
 Here is the free china cabinet I scored off of craigslist. I do not have a before picture, but it was a typical ugly wood color from back in the day. The green is a wee bright, but our house has a lot of bright colors, they make me happy. The antiquing method takes no time at all to do, I even painted this with Madison. You can vaguely make out her hand prints on the bottom right cabinet. Even though I get really frustrated with her "helping," I love that she is leaving her marks all over.


My loves. Every time Will holds her like this she straightens out her legs and flexes her feet, I can't get enough. Aww, I love them. 

I think that is about it. My family is coming in next weekend to celebrate the big birthday with us. I am really excited about this, I have been craving family time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio