3.07.2013

the makings of a great birthday



Yesterday I turned 26! 

I really liked 25. But because Will knows me so well, he wrote me the sweetest card, reassuring me that with each passing year we are storing up wonderful memories and how excited he is for this next year. He is right, every year seems to get a little better than the last. 

This birthday felt really special to me because of how well-loved I felt. Several of my friends remembered it was my birthday. My sweet neighbor treated me to lunch. My family gifted me with items that speak to exactly who I am (gift cards to running stores for shoes when I am finished with growing humans, the dryer from my mom, some spending money.) A husband who made me breakfast (ok, he makes me breakfast every morning!). He gave me a new watch and a gift card to get some snazzy work out clothes once I am back in shape. He also let me buy an ice cream cake with out judgement. Of course, I can't forget my little tag alongs. The one growing in my belly and the one who never leaves my side.

I felt really blessed and loved yesterday. The best kind of feeling. We even have plans to have a breakfast date on Saturday. I enjoy extended birthday celebrations. 

I am a little bummed it is still only Thursday, but it should be sunny today before another big snow storm blows in. 

1 comments:

Emily Powell said...

glad you had a happy birthday!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio