6.10.2013

39 weeks

Warning: A pregnant woman wearing a bathing suit with one week left in her pregnancy is featured in the pictures below... 

Well we have roughly seven days left before this baby's due date. 
With that in mind, we were pretty intentional about this weekend and trying to make the most of it. We went on several walks, rode bicycles, went to a farmer's market, ate ice cream, installed the infant car seat, and blew up a kiddie pool. The water here is much colder than in Texas, but Madison seemed to really enjoy it. I even braved the cold and sat in it for a while. I think this will be a great thing to have as a way to occupy Madison when the baby comes. 
Then today we already went to a splash park, picked up a father's day present, and brought Will lunch. I am wiped out. 






Here is my official 39 week belly: 


I am still feeling pretty great. I will have a day where I have no energy then another where I nearly forget I am pregnant. 
I mostly just wish I could somehow know exactly when labor will happen and how it will play out. I am not exactly "over" being pregnant, but am just curious to know when my time will come. I am really looking forward to labor this time around and going to the hospital. Where I am having this baby is completely opposite of where I had Madison. I am delivering with midwives so they will be able to be with me nearly my entire labor. I also heard the nursing staff is incredible. I am just excited to deliver in a place that will be supportive and excited for me during such a monumental moment.
I have started to get a bit emotional about my time with just Madison coming to an end. I know it will never just be the two of us again. I know that it will be wonderful to have two children to love, but my love and attention will always be divided now.
My mom comes in on Saturday and Will has a deadline at work June 15th, so ideally the baby should just hold on a bit longer. It would be nice to go into labor without the stress of Will's work or who will care for Madison.

We have something planned nearly every day this week. I am trying to keep busy and do some fun things with just Madison. We have been doing more things with the moms from the new church we are going to and that has been wonderful. Overall, we are doing really well, I guess the calm before the storm. I am really hoping we are one of those couples that say adjusting to two children from one is a lot easier than the adjustment from no children to one. 

So I guess the countdown has really begun!

1 comments:

* said...

soooo excited for you! Can't wait to hear the details and you look so cute!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio