7.08.2013

our first few days


We are still all alive, so that is great! 

I am still not flying totally solo five days a week yet, but I am easing my way into it. I had two days all alone last week and will have three days alone this week. 

This morning seems to have been the hardest so far. Mostly because I could not get Eliza to sleep and she only wants to be held when she is awake. It is also Monday and the mornings are the worst for my level of exhaustion. But my sweet neighbor picked up Madison to go on a walk with her and her daughter, so I have a little bit of time.

The night times are still really rough. We think Eliza has some gas issues, so we are trying various things. We have been dosing her with Gripe water and now I am going to try and go dairy free, eek. I do think she desires to sleep more than Madison ever did, but gets really uncomfortable and can't settle down. It is amazing how these sleepless nights become a distant memory, but when we are in the thick of it, they are so difficult. I guess the selective memory thing is the way the human population continues on. But we have once again concluded we probably do not want to go through the newborn stage again. 
 
I am still not eager to leave the house. Our house makes me feel secure and I know how to navigate two children here, but going outside this comfort zone is still makes me nervous. It seems Eliza does not like the car at all yet and hearing those screams makes me all jittery inside.  We have been upping our walking time though. We also have done a few outings but only when Will is with me. We even braved the grocery store with both kids yesterday.

Our days are not very exciting, but it has been a great time to slowly adjust to our new life. I am totally fine with easing my way into this big change. With Madison, I was all too eager to regain my normal life, but now I know there is no sense in rushing anything. 

The most exciting thing we have coming up is Madison's second birthday. I think I will always be that mom who can not believe she is [blank] old. I am looking forward to trying to make her day special.



3 comments:

Emily Powell said...

Sounds like you're doing good to me! I always had to remind myself that a newborn is a brand new person and they have to adjust. Do you use Happiest Baby on the Block or Baby wise? I liked and used both.

stephanie said...

We have read and roughly use both. We are working on the babywise schedule now and hopefully it will start encouraging her longer sleep habits. I keep telling myself that the first six weeks are pretty much a wash and to not worry about much, but its hard not too.

skurbs said...

THE BEST PICTURE. I adore it, and those two beautiful little girls! I would have never in a million years guessed you would have had both girls, but man are you SO blessed!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio