8.20.2013

two months


Eliza is two months old. I want to be my usual sentimental self and say, "oh, where has the time gone, its going by so fast," but with each passing week our little child seems happier. So I am welcoming time passing right now. 

At two months:

*She is smiling when she is awake instead of screaming. She is even borderline laughing. It still takes me by surprise every time I look down at her and she is cooing away. I just love hearing happy noises coming from her. It was truly heart breaking to feel like my baby was in misery. 

*She has done a few eight hour and six hour stretches at night. I think she would always sleep this long if she did not have lingering gas issues. She most consistently wakes up twice a night now and usually falls right back to sleep after I feed her. 

*She is growing more and more content with being put down. She is even falling asleep on her own with out me rocking her during the day. 

*She has rolled over a couple of times when I put her on her tummy. She holds her head up really well and seems quite strong. 

*She enjoys eating a lot more and does not stop mid way through the feeding to scream anymore. She still is not the biggest fan of a bottle or pacifier. The most she has had out of a bottle is an ounce of milk. 

*She fits in three to six month clothes. I think she might end up being chubbier than Madison.

*Her eyes get really large when we make eye contact, like she is totally surprised. After our eyes meet, she usually breaks out in a huge grin.

*She still has that lovely newborn smell. It is something that can not really be described to someone who does not have a child. I think the smell of a newborn and all their silly mannerisms is what I will miss the most.

Overall, this month went much smoother than the last. We still eat most of our meals with Eliza screaming because she is exhausted or we struggle to get her to fall asleep, but overall, so much easier.  This month makes me excited for what Eliza will become. It is so great to finally feel like my baby is enjoying life and has a blooming personality.



1 comments:

Emily Powell said...

I so know how you feel when you say you eat your meals with her screaming. I know it is so hard. Georgia screaming all the time would bring me to tears...like I just couldn't love her enough or listen to it for another minute. I think I will handle it better the second time around.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio