8.27.2013

over the weekend

My dad came in to meet Eliza for the first time this past weekend. Things have settled down a bit so it was nice he timed his visit when he did. We are still struggling to venture outside of our home, so we did a lot of golf watching, nap taking, and barbequing.  

We did manage to go to the local amusement park that is only a mile away. It was our first time to take Madison to something like this. I was pretty excited to see how she would react to all the rides. Her first ride was the merry go round with Will. She enjoyed the "horseys," until they started to move, then she wanted off. I was nervous she would be miserable the rest of the time, but as soon as she got off the ride she wanted to go again. They have a lot of children rides, but the children have to ride them alone. She did so great though. It still amuses me how such little things make me so proud.

I think my dad had a fun time with us. He even took Madison to the park all by himself two different times. I think he was pretty exhausted after having a two year old crawl all over him for three days straight. He just kept asking me if there was any way we could hire someone to come and help me, ha. 

We are still very much in the newborn fog. I feel like I am not really an active participant in my life, like my body is on auto-pilot and just doing what needs to be done. Will says it is the exhaustion that is making us feel that way and so I know it will lift at some point. I really am loving this job I have as a mother, probably even more than I ever have, but I am still adjusting to this new addition. So I think we both have our sights set on Christmas for feeling "normal" again. 









1 comments:

Emily Powell said...

I think I started to feel "normal" at around 3 months. Well, for us that's when things started to get easier.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio