4.30.2014

calistoga

I feel I still need some time to process this past weekend, but I figured if I wait too long, I might not ever post. 
We went away for my dear friend from high school's wedding. I felt so honored that she invited us and even more so that we got to experience the day with her. Weddings are such a joyous, monumental event, and I love getting to take part in them. It was also interesting to reconnect with friends from my past, several whom I have not seen in nine years. It was neat because the last time I saw a lot of them, my future was pretty unknown and I had no idea where I would be. I certainly had no idea I would be a wife and mother of two living in Colorado. Life is so strange the majority of the time. 
This trip was also the first one that we have been on since we had Madison. All of our trips in our marriage have been planned around seeing family, but this was one was pretty much just for us. If it was not for pumping every four hours, I might have forgotten we even had children! We were able to do nearly all the things we love. We had the most wonderful breakfast every morning, explored the town by running six miles, leisurely strolled through the shops, went to a few wine tastings, climbed up a trail that overlooked wine country, and worried only about ourselves. I think the trip was just fantastic, but it reinforced to us that we need more maintenance time together. We just can not keep going that long without connecting. 
I think the grandmas were thrilled to spend so much time alone with the girls. I am so thankful that our girls have such devoted grandmas to love them well. 
I hope this is a start of many more vacations and exploring together with my mate because all of this crazy would not be possible without the two of us! 








Trying to take pictures when it is just the two of us is always fun, reminds me of the honeymoon! 

2 comments:

Emily Powell said...

Time like this is so important. Helps you to remember why you fell in love to begin with!

skurbs said...

OMG GO GIRL!! looking hot and active, per usual!! love you two, love that you both got to go!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio