4.19.2014

kitchen progress

Will took Madison and Eliza to soccer alone today. This gave me some time to put some actual thoughts together. 

I thought I would share a kitchen update. We still have not completely finished, but we are about 90% finished. It was a long process, but I think that it was totally worth doing it myself. It still amazes me that we have the power to change something in our house. I tried to really take my time with the painting, but even with trying so hard to do a good job, there are still imperfections. I have to keep reminding myself to focus out a bit and not put so much emphasis on having it all perfect. 

This was when we first hung all the cabinets back up.



And this was after I forced Will to attach all the handles on the drawers and cabinets. After getting advice from another blog, I found all the pulls and handles on Amazon. 




So the next thing we have to do is cover the ends of the cabinets with wainscot. This is a task that only Will can really do. It requires a good amount of cutting, measuring, and nailing. I have my fingers crossed it will be completed before we leave for California. 

I have been making a few decorating updates around our house since Christmas. Hopefully, when the kitchen is finished I can do another house tour of sorts. I just love the white and I am so thankful we finally decided to do it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio