4.07.2014

the tale of two sick children...

If I struggled to blog with simply having two children, its clear that having two children that are sick make it that much harder. It has been three weeks, going on four, of non-stop ailments. Eliza had Roseola for a week. Then Madison had fever, cough, stomach bug. Then they both had runny noses and coughs and a lingering stomach bug. And now this week they are still going strong with the runny noses and coughs. I am feeling more drained by the day, but I am still trying to keep a positive attitude. Thankfully, they have been sleeping well for the most part, so that helps with my attitude. 

Despite the sickness, we have been slightly busy with some fun things. We went to Estes Park about three weekends ago to visit our friends that moved there. It snowed and was quite chilly, but we really enjoyed ourselves. We are looking forward to spending many more weekends up there this summer. It feels so wonderful to reconnect to a side of us that has been a bit covered with this parenting thing. 

I also decided to paint our kitchen cabinets. Since I sit inside all day, I just stare at all the items I wish to change in our home. I finally decided I was tired of being overwhelmed with the prospect of painting them myself and just go for it. I am taking it in steps and trying to be patient with the process. I still have several more coats of paint to put on the drawers and cabinets, but I am pleased with the progress. I am getting a bit anxious to see it all completed, I think it will look wonderful. 

We signed Madison up for a toddler soccer team for the next five Saturdays. She had her first gathering this past Saturday. I think it was a lot for her to handle because it is a coach-led activity, but I think she will grow so much more confident through the experience. It was a great family activity and I really loved creating those memories together. 

Will has been trying to use some of his paid time off for himself. He went rock climbing last week for a few hours and is snowboarding today. I am always thankful that he can partake in activities he has not had much of an opportunity to do since becoming a dad and full-time employee. 

We finished watching Friday Night Lights for the second time last night. It will probably always be my favorite show of all time, besides the first season of Felicity. The show stirs so many emotions and relevance to my own life. It definitely does not help with my longing for Texas. It also tempts me to get the phrase, "Texas Forever," framed somewhere large in my house. But, if I can not live in Texas, I think that Colorado is a pretty close second. 

The next big adventure we have coming up is our trip to California for a wedding. We will be going with out the girls and I can hardly wait. We have not had any breaks from the girls since Christmas and it has been an incredibly long four months. We are itching for this time to finally be able to hold a conversation with out  any interruption, except to maybe refill our wine glasses. 

Well, the sound of my child coughing and gagging in her room is my cue to finish this up. 







1 comments:

* said...

OMG that is the cutest little soccer star I have ever seen. While I am sure both girls are not much fun when they are sick, at least they are so cute/precious!
Brandon and I absolutely cannot WAIT to see the both of you in California - get ready for some wine and dancing!
xoxo

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio