4.19.2014

ten months


This was the only photo I was able to capture of her. I forgot how difficult it is to take these photos once they become mobile. Below are what the rest of the photos look like, my poor, tortured child... 


At ten months:

* She is a full blown crawler. I had about week of thinking that she would never traditionally crawl, but she finally figured it out. We say she crawls like a bear. I think my favorite noise right now is to hear her hands hitting the ground as she crawls, I love that, "thump, thump, thump." It took her another week or so to realize she could move freely about our house. Now, she is into everything. She figured out how to pull open doors, drawers, and cabinets. She knows how to shred toilet paper and splash in Aspen's bowl. Such a fun and tiring time for me. 

* Her and Madison have pretty much had some version of a cold this past month. Eliza's mood has been decent, but she has a lingering cough and runny nose. It has been a stay inside and do nothing kind of month (well, that is pretty much how the past ten months have been, so not much was really different).

* Her attachment to me is making itself known. I am extremely flattered. I love that she wants to snuggle in my arms and reaches for me when she is with someone else. However, we have not been able to drop her off at church because she just screams. We are also trying to eliminate the night time feeding, but she will not settle down until I comfort her. It might be a long couple of days for little miss when we are out of town. 

* I am loving the sister bond that is forming between the girls. Yesterday, Madison jumped into Eliza's pack-n-play after her nap. Will said that Eliza was laughing the most she ever has. Eliza allows Madison to do nearly anything to her, she just loves the contact with her big sister. 

* Eliza gives kisses! I just think it is the greatest thing when babies can finally start showing you affection. She will give us kisses on the nose and the shake her head furiously afterward. I just love it. 

* She can understand a lot of what I say. When she picks something up she is not supposed to eat, I will tell her, "no, no, Eliza," and she puts it down. She will even look at me before she picks up something to see if it is ok. I am sure Madison was doing this, but it feels really early. 

* I swear she can say, "Hi!" If I appear in a room she is in, she will look at me and say, "hi." We say, "hi" back and forth quite a bit. This is for sure earlier than Madison, I am going to go ahead and declare this as her first word. 

Overall, she has been quite a delight this month. We will be celebrating her first birthday before we know it. I just love this age so much and am excited we have made it through those difficult first months. I am still tired the majority of the time, but our days are much more predictable and manageable. I have really been enjoying the dynamics of our family right now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio