9.18.2010

This Disgusts Me

Will and I have pretty much formed a strong opinion against fertility treatments, but this is article is a whole new level of unbelievability. What has our world come to? Adoption seems like such a viable option for people, yet it is often their "last" resort. Why do people feel that their genes are so much better than those millions of babies that need adoption? I could keep going about why fertility treatments bother me, but what would the point be. Here is the article, it truly is sickening.

(rough summary: a woman chose to use fertility treatments, got twins surprise, surprise, and then decided to abort one of them, after choosing which gender she wanted to keep.)

http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Health-Fitness/Fertility-Treatments-Would-You-Get-Selective-Reduction

Adoption is something that Will and I both desire to do someday. We are still unsure of the timing of when we want to embark on the whole parenting thing, but the choice to conceive our own or adopt is pretty much equal at this point.

Of course I am curious to know what our "own" children would look like, know what pregnancy is like, etc. However, we can not ignore the need for adoption.

Our purpose in life is found in Christ. We fall incredibly short of His example and struggle daily to remember His sacrifice on the cross, but we want to continue to strive and serve Him. This life is very temporary and our hope is spending eternity with Him.

The point of the above paragraph is to set the stage for the verse that we can not easily shake from our minds.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after ORPHANS and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27

I see no better way to look after orphans than adoption. I guess it is pretty clear to me, but obviously there are many differing opinions.

I apologize, well sort of, for the past two posts consisting of things that bother me. Will says that too many things bother me. Which is probably true, I will just try and keep the majority of them to myself (and Will).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio