9.26.2010

This Past Week ( I clearly struggle with creative titles)

Where, oh, where have I been? I will give you a quick run down of my week and then a follow up with some pictures.

1. Tried to squeeze in several work outs this week. A seven mile run that was supposed to be an eleven mile run. A sprint work out that should have been longer. It was one of those weeks where I had to convince myself to just get out the door and move. No drive whatsoever.

2. Worked at Baja Fresh for six hours every day Monday to Wednesday. And then gave them notice that I will not be working there for the remainder of the volleyball season. Its quite hard to bounce all over town through out the day.

3. Had a parent confrontation that I ended up gracefully exiting by crying. She was not so nice and purposely intimidating. I truly enjoy coaching. When those girls got their first bump, set, spike, I could hardly contain my excitement. However, I could do with out the parents.

4. Took Aspen on a play date last weekend. We took her to a local pond and she was loving being able to run around freely in the water. Besides a trip where she face planted in the water, she looked like a young-pup. We also took her hiking yesterday and she came nose to nose with a curious horse on a trial ride. She quickly loses all her dominance when overshadowed by a beast that size.

7. Purchased a couch at the resale shop for our quaint studio. I now have a seating area other than the bed. Aspen is clearly enjoying the purchase as well. I also bought an over-sized man's dress shirt at the thrift store.

8. Will and I completed our last long run today. It was another hilly 18 miles and might have caused me to shed a few tears. Seriously, this crying thing is annoying. It feels great to know that our weekends do not have to be devoted to running anymore. Three more weeks and we will be in Denver running 26.2 miles. The picture of me stretching is after the run today. And I am holding up a huge pickle in the other picture. After long runs, I always crave salt (probably shouldn't have 1000 mg worth).

9. This was quite boring, I am well aware. After viewing the collage, it must seem as if I no longer have a husband. Which is far from the truth. If it was not for him, I would not have made it to the weekend, let alone finish running 18 miles. It is a wonderful thing to have an ally in him when life is really getting me down.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio