9.01.2010

College Degree = $8.00/Hr

Try-outs for volleyball started this week. Lets just say, I am very thankful I am coaching seventh graders. Something must have overtaken those little girls during the summer between seventh and eighth grade. The eighth graders have attitudes, woo they have attitudes. (and short, shorts) After correcting one girl in particular about her cheetah print booty shorts, I got a quick glimpse into what my parenting might look like for our potential teenage daughter. (its not pretty...) Between her fake yawn while I was talking and the eye rolling, I had to fight to keep from pulling her bouncy pony tail straight out of the gym. Baby girl lived, if you were wondering.

Well, the volleyball skills are seriously lacking. I have already started to combat my competitive nature and re-think goals for these girls. I really want to give them confidence, in volleyball and in life. I want to teach them the basics of the sport and hopefully get them to value physical activity. There are more, but honestly, the season is seven weeks and only so much life change can occur during that time period.

Once I receive my t-shirt for Baja Fresh, I will include a picture of my work outfit. Should be super cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio