10.03.2010

Oktober Fest 10K

I signed us up for a 10k this past Friday night. I mean any race that is advertised as Run, Polka, Beer, should be fun right??

There were a little over 300 people who signed up. I really get a kick out of doing things, especially active things, in the Bozeman community. I love being able to recognize people that I have seen at other races, at Farmer's markets, or running around town. Its sort of creepy, but I like guessing their "story" with out actually knowing them. For example, I will recognize a mom I saw at the library during Books and Babies and then see her running in a 10k.

So back to the actual race... It was freaking hard. Hills, hills, and more hills. 6 miles worth of hills to be exact. It is somewhat bothersome to me how I was dreading running 6 miles when less than a week ago I ran 18, how is that possible? I broke no records during the race, but I was very proud I did not stop to walk up any hills. Will later told me he kept looking behind him and was surprised to always see me there. I was not sure whether or not that was a compliment.

Once we finished, my legs were wobbly and we picked up our free beer token and neon colored shirt. At first I thought they were hideous, but Will reminded me they would be great for running at night. Which makes sense considering it was a night race.

We did not get a chance to get the free bratwurst because I had to head up to the high school to set up nets for the girl's volleyball tournament on Saturday. But we did buy some of our own, they were fantastic!!

And the bow, that was a fail. It was way too big and reminded me of something Minnie mouse would wear.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio