10.28.2010

Pumpkins



This was only my second year to carve a pumpkin. Will found it hard to believe I never did this as a child. But to your credit mom, I am not sure carving pumpkins is something I would have enjoyed, the whole pull out the slimy stuff really bothers me. Will did most of that for me. Going over to Erin's was fun. It was nice to have some place to be and someone to interact with. Now that I am unemployed again, the days all just run together.

I have been attempting to stay busy. Apply for jobs, knit, work out, continually search Hulu for any shows I may have missed. I really loved the volleyball job because it gave me some place to be everyday, but obviously was not the biggest time commitment. I have inquired about several other jobs. Such as, a paper deliverer (until the reality of delivering papers at 4:30 am in blizzard conditions set in), a princess for child events (I am still interested in this job, but Chryssy from Chryssy's characters has not gotten back to me. Hey, for $15-$50 an hour, I will gladly put on a ridiculous costume and let little children wipe their snot on me.), a dish washer at the Food Co-Op (still waiting for a reply. Will is more excited about this job because then we can get discounts. But a 5% discount on a $20 loaf of bread is not all that great.), a substitute teacher (I am officially on the system to be called to substitute. Unfortunately, the system only calls your phone once and I got to the phone a split second too late and missed the call. Super lame). There are some more but those are the most interesting.

I have gone through this job to no-job cycle several times since being in Bozeman. I also go through the same emotional cycle. When I have a job, all I could think about was how great it would be too not have to work there. When I do not have a job, I feel worthless and like a big, fat piece of lard. However, the past two weeks, I have had quite a lot of time to spend with Will. I know we spent tons of time together as it is, but it has been fun. Like today, we are going to go hike in the middle of the day on a Thursday. The past few days we have been able to go to a coffee shop and study (ugh, GRE!). We have been able to go every night to the climbing gym and spend several hours there. Those are all great things. Things that I do not want to take for granted. Because I know there is a time, in the not so distant future, that real life is going to hit. He will have a full time job, I will be swamped with graduate school, and life will be different.

This morning when I was reading the bible, I was looking up verses that pertain to having a purpose. I came across this one, "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

I find myself making plans all the time. Plans of how I think my life should be going. Plans of what I would be doing if I was not in Montana. Plans of when we should have children. Plans of what job I should have. Plans of what I think Will should be doing instead of studying statistical analysis of wildlife patterns. You get the point. They are silly plans because I can only see so far, but the Lord has already seen it all. He knows. So I need to trust in His plans, even if I can not see them, and enjoy these moments He has given me.

That is all. Sorry for the rant. My doggie oggie is demanding to be taken out. Try ignoring a jumping, twirling, 90 pound, uncoordinated dog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio