10.21.2010

Elk Bugling

We are still slowly recovering from the marathon. We have not attempted to run yet, but I think today might be the day. We went rock climbing on Tuesday because Will said it would be good "active recovery."

Yesterday, I was feeling overwhelmed with the overflow of junk that seemed to be taking over our studio. When you live in a studio, anything out of place is magnified. After we hit up the Gap (hello, 40% off regular price items), I made a donation pile and began to organize my knitting paraphernalia.

I bought a striped shirt (as seen below) for $6.99 and a green cardigan for $26 (regular $49). I also convinced Will to buy a plaid, flannel shirt. He looks mighty fine in it. I have a rule that every new item I buy, I must get rid of something. This is a great way to give back and also to make room in my two drawer dresser for ALL my clothes.

Since the air is getting colder by the minute, I decided to bring the rest of my "summer" clothes down to the cellar. I had seen this window in the back corner of the cellar for a while, but finally decided to act. After a few screams due to the massive amounts of spiders, I brought the beauty up to the sunlight and scrubbed her off. I then hung her over the cute buckets I designated for my knitting. Since I have a goal of knitting all my Christmas gifts, I need the knitting accessories easily accessible. I think at some point, I will paint her, but right now that was all the work I had the energy to do.

We then went to Yellowstone for the evening. That's right, we are free to visit a national park any time we feel fitting. Our mission was to see the Elk Bugling. This is when the males who are all hyped up on spreading their seed, fight each other and sing songs (well, bugle). We did not see any fighting, but we did hear our first Elk bugle. I am pretty sure he only bugled because he did not appreciate Will flashing camera lights on him. The picture below where his neck is outstretched with his mouth open is an action shot of him bugling. We also saw a coyote casually stroll across the road when we were heading back. It was a fun, little date.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio