7.25.2011

Madison Facts

1. She is constantly grunting. Grunting when she sleeps, grunting when she is feasting, grunting when she is awake, its non-stop baby chatter. It is quite endearing and causes us to laugh frequently. But the grunting while eating is problematic for Will because he has to listen to it several times a night when he is attempting to sleep. She is our little piggy.

2. Because we were super prepared parents, ha, we read the book The Happiest Baby on the Block. It swears by swaddling, "shhing", and some other type of "s" words, but clearly we have only mastered two. Will is by far the better swaddler, he wraps those blankets super tight. He also does the majority of the "shhing." It seems to be working for us so far because Madison is very easy to soothe, no two hour crying marathons in this house. (well, not yet, at least)



3. We are slowly starting to see our physical traits in Madison. She has a "hook" in her right ear. I have this same hook in my left ear. It is located in the top part of her ear, where normally it is a smooth, rounded part, but she has "hook" that sticks out, just like me. She has Will's nose. His nose sort of curves under at the tip, just like Madison's. She also has my six double chins that I had as a baby. We have to constantly wipe milk out of them.



There are so many more things that I want to remember. It is difficult to know how fast this time is going by and every day she changes into something a bit different. I am slowly getting to a point of being ok with how quickly everything is going by, but I still wish there was a way I could bottle her up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio