8.29.2010

20 Miles

Well, it turns out that 40 degrees and rainy is the perfect forecast for running 20 miles. Other than stopping a few times for bathroom breaks/stretching, I ran the whole way. The dramatic, crying, anti-runner, did not make her appearance either. I felt really encouraged that I might actually be able to finish this marathon. I am even able to walk down our front porch steps without gripping the hand rail for dear life.

We made some taquitos, guacamole, and queso for our after run meal. So I am pretty much not worried whether I replenished my salt levels.

We are headed off to our bible study we are in with two other married couples. We are currently reading the book Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. It focuses on the woman's desire to be loved unconditionally and the man's desire to be respected unconditionally. When these two desires are not met, then arguments often ensue. I have only read the first three chapters, but I feel most of our arguments stem from this concept.

Oh, and Will just sent me this article. Browse through the pictures if you get a chance.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/08/27/china.dyeing.dogs.pandas/index.html?hpt=C2

Ha, Seriously?? Those poor dogs. Little do the Chinese know that our dog came pre-painted just like a panda.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio