8.24.2010

Visiting the Sergeant

We had an absolutely fabulous time visiting with my brother in Washington D.C. This was our first time to visit him and we really liked spending so much time together. It was hard to leave knowing that might be the last time we see each other for a year or so. Why is it that by the time I am finally able to get along with my family we have to live thousands of miles apart? Hopefully, some day we will all be in the same state at least.

Here is a brief recap of our time in the capital.

We went to see the cute soldier ride in his last funeral service.


We (mostly me) played with some horses.


Toured the tourist attractions and rode on the subway.


We went swimming, ate watermelon, played tennis, wore matching clothes, and witnessed my brother cooking.


We then went bowling. Apparently, my bowling form is quite humorous, it kept the boys laughing for far too long.



I miss him already! It is frustrating that the fun times always go by so fast. I am so proud of you little brother and thankful we can have such a wonderful time together.

Our summer is pretty much over. We have been running around a lot and now we must sit and wait for that dreaded season. I was just offered a volleyball coaching job for junior high today. I am really excited about it because I get to do something I care about. It is only for about seven weeks, so the job hunt is not officially over. I hoping to substitute teach also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio