8.12.2010

Adirondack Chairs

Will has a dream of building our own furniture. Unfortunately, due to our lack of garage and tools and time he has not made much progress. So when we saw kits to build Adirondack chairs in our local Ace Hardware, we knew this was his chance to display his manliness and build us some furniture. We spent yesterday picking out a color (pomegranate red) and painting our first coat. We thought that the red would be a good contrast to the snow that is looming in the near future. Hopefully, I will have a picture to show of the completed chairs when I get back from Texas this weekend.



As you can see, Aspen was quite the helper.

I mentioned we shop at our local Ace Hardware. The more I go in, the more reasons I find to like the store. It is within walking distance of our house, they are incredibly helpful, dogs are allowed (and offered treats), and they carry teal kitchen paraphernalia.

Well, I have some sprints to do because I chose not to wake up at 6 this morning and some more painting. I am headed to Houston in the morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio