6.23.2011

"Full Term"



We had my 37 week doctor's appointment yesterday. Everything still looked great. His guess on how much she weighs right now is about 6 1/2 pounds. She is not too big, but definitely not small, is what he said. Even though everything says at 37 weeks the baby is full term and ready to come, I think it is more like 38 weeks that she would be good to come. So maybe we will have a next week baby??

The doctor also strongly advised against traveling at this point. We had plans to come to Houston for a baby shower some of Will's friends were putting together, but had to back out of it. I was pretty upset about this because it would have been wonderful to share this time in our lives with friends. We will just have to share the actual baby with everyone now, since we will be on lock down for the next couple of weeks.

I am really feeling like it is getting close for her arrival. I have no idea what contractions feel like, but I am growing increasingly more uncomfortable. One of my fears is not knowing for sure if I am in labor, but everyone swears I will know. It is strange to just be sitting, waiting for something, never knowing when it might come. The not knowing is something that I do not deal with very well.

I pretty much marked everything off my to-do list the past two weeks and I do not have much to fill my time now. Will's suggestion was to make stuff to do. For example, take all the clothes out of my closet and put them back in. Silly boys...

Will still has a job he has to do for a professor in Montana, so he carts his lonely wife with him when he goes to do work. I think today will be a Barnes and Noble day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio