6.20.2011

Nesting Projects



1. Our brand new couch from Ikea. We made the mistake of wandering into Ikea two weeks ago to "just look" at some of the couches. We both loved this one and the concept of being able to replace the cover. It is really difficult to not fall into the consumerism trap when everything is so adorable in Ikea and they make it incredibly easy for you to mimic all of their decorating ideas. We decided that we were most likely going to have this couch for a while because the next place we move we will actually hire movers instead of just pulling a trailer. (the couch is gray)

2. This picture is not a very good angle of the crib, but I wanted to capture Aspen's new favorite spot. The crib fits perfectly in our room and it causes us both to get waves of excitement every time we get a glimpse of it. My mom just finished the bumper so I will post better pictures once the crib is fully set up.

3. I knitted these headbands up fairly quickly for the little miss. I think they will look adorable on her wee little head.

4. This is the chest of drawers Will and I repainted. It was originally white, but we both agreed an antique look would be better. I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out since we were newbies at repainting furniture. It is in our living room and our new television sits a top of it. (Even though we still do not have cable.)

5. This is the glider chair that my mother purchased for us. It is incredibly soft and comfortable. I also have it in our living room. I have this strange feeling that I will be up quite a bit in the night and it will be nice to come in the living room so Will can get some sleep.

It has only taken us about two weeks to get the apartment to feel like our home. Round Rock is by no means a place we would like to settle, but we both agree it is a perfect fit for right now.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

Beautiful Steph! We just moved into our new house, and I will call you as soon as i can! do you need anything?

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio