6.09.2011

Thirty Five Weeks

This week marks the thirty fifth week with thirty five days remaining. For some reason, thirty five days left seems a lot less than five weeks left. This week also marks the first week Will has been back in Texas and poor Aspen gets to experience the Texas heat in all its glory.





Will took this picture of me as we were headed out the door to my doctor's appointment. This doctor is very laid back, which I greatly appreciate, but he also tends to stay away from details. Such as what my exact blood pressure reading is, what the beats per minute of the baby's heartbeat is, how I am measuring, etc. He just says, "perfect, great" over and over again, ha. So when I asked at the end if he was concerned about baby not being head down, he said, she is head down. Which was quite exciting and I am so thankful I asked because I would have been worrying about it. I am pretty sure she flipped once Will arrived. The doctor also said I am starting to make progress and oh so casually said, "any day now" as we were walking out the door.

We have basically put everything away in our new apartment. I have the crib assembled and her bed all made. We are in the process of redoing a piece of furniture Will's mother brought us. We should be having the glider my mother so graciously bought us arrive next week, and hopefully we will have a new couch that Will's mom is going to buy us very soon. After we have the rooms set up, I will take pictures of our new place.

I have loved being able to get things ready for baby. Her clothes are washed, cloth diapers washed and put away, hospital bag almost packed, checked into the hospital, car completely cleaned and detailed, and car seat and stroller bought.

Our heads are still spinning from the huge move from Bozeman, actually living in Texas again, having a baby, "any day now," where we are going next, but I think we are both really trying to enjoy each moment of the here and now. I am trying to just focus on one day at a time and really soak in all the little moments of just us.

I think we are going to go over to my mother's house tonight to watch the NBA playoffs. It is such a strange thing to live next to my mom and be able to casually drop by to use her cable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio