6.30.2011

Thirty Eight Weeks



(Apparently, I am larger than last week. When the nurse called me back for the appointment, she told me how much I had grown since last week. She said I surprised her when I stood up. That is good, I guess...)

Yesterday I had my thirty eight week appointment. The night before, we put some finishing cleaning touches on our car and Will attempted to install the car seat. I am finding a hard balance between being prepared for the baby to come at any point and not getting my hopes up. Unfortunately, I do not think I balanced those two things very well yesterday. I keep hoping my doctor will tell me I am having contractions that I am unaware of and that I should go to the hospital, ha. So I found myself pretty emotional yesterday wondering how long I will have to wait for her. Will kept reminding me that I have not even been pregnant the allotted time of 40 weeks yet, so to just be patient.

The good news is that my body is preparing for labor. I keep reminding myself of this because a lot of first time moms do not show much progress at all. My doctor told me he hopes to see me this weekend, ha. He mentioned how cool it would be to have a fourth of July baby. I agree with him, but once again I can not set myself up for something that might not happen. I am really against inductions for non-medical reasons, but I am beginning to understand why people induce. The lack of control as to when I will have this baby is difficult to handle sometimes. Actually, the lack of control pregnancy has brought on is hard to handle. I am thankful though for being forced into finally giving up control, but I still try and fight it.



I keep asking Aspen when the baby is going to come, but she refuses to give me a straight answer.

Even though I was unable to travel to Houston this weekend for the baby shower, we were still showered with gifts. Claire came up on Saturday and we ate at the Hula Hut. It was great fun to catch up with her and see the part of Austin I grew up loving. Hula Hut is a mile from where my grandparents house used to be. We would walk to the lake Austin quite a bit when we would visit them. We also went by their house to see what it looks like. It has been vacant for two years, but all the memories of the house are still so fresh. Sometimes I wish life did not have to change and time did not keep ticking away.



She gave me the most adorable outfits and a portable newborn cradle/rocker thingy.

Then on Sunday, some of Will's friends came up to see us. They brought with them a fantastic diaper cake, more cute outfits, and a matching set of towels, burp cloths, and bibs. I was too eager to get everything out of the diaper cake to take a picture. We really enjoyed getting to catch up with friends we had not seen in a while and celebrate the baby. We feel extremely thankful for everyone's generosity and excitement towards us.

We are going to head to Target to get a couple more last minute things and then to Michael's. I am getting the itch to make more stuff for the baby. Possibly decorate the letters of her name. We are about 95% sure of a name at this point, but hopefully you won't be waiting too long to find out what it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio