6.14.2012

home-made goodies

Two of our closest friends got married this past weekend (but not to each other). Because I sometimes like to give things with a bit of thought behind them, I decided to make their wedding gifts. Not to mention, home-made gifts also work well with our just-bought-a-house-everything-keeps-breaking budget.

I will probably never sell any of the items I make because I mostly just steal other people's ideas. I can replicate a lot of things, which I am thankful for, but coming up with stuff purely on my own is a bit difficult for me. Personalized embroidery hoops have been floating around Etsy a lot and I decided to make them myself. 


I hope they appreciate the home-made gifts, I know its no dish set, but at least it has some significance to their relationship.

My mom also made beautiful quilts for each couple as a wedding gift. I do not have pictures of them, but they are great. I know that Will and I have really loved having a ton of blankets around our house, especially when we were living in Montana. 

So if you have a special occasion coming up, you just might receive something similar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio