6.04.2012

well, we finally did it...

we camped with our baby. 


We headed to Estes Park around 6:30 on Friday. We ate dinner before hand and planned on eating breakfast in town, so we did not have to bring too much supplies. I always get overwhelmed with how much stuff is involved in packing for camping trips. 

The plan was for Madison to sleep on the way over there and we would just go to bed when we set up camp. Madison decided not to sleep, but cry all the way over there, and then refused to sleep until 10:30 pm. (it might have been due to the tea William let her drink at lunch)

I thought that she would have a hard time sleeping because we all know our baby does not even sleep well in her own crib. So I thought we could just let her crawl all over the tent while we played "dead," and she would eventually pass out. She apparently thought we were actually dead and was determined to bring us back to life by banging as hard as she could on our faces and giving us kisses on our noses. I finally resorted to holding her firmly down and saying we are going to sleep now, it magically worked. Then she was up every hour pissed that we were in her space. We rose with the sun and packed up camp by 7 am.

We were exhausted, but I think overall it was worth it. It is really tempting to just be hermits with a baby, especially with  a baby that still does not sleep. After almost 11 months of dealing with sleep deprivation, I think I am finally at a place that has re-evaluated the way I view sleep. Yes, I can turn down opportunities to get out in exchange for a nap, but then I would not have these memories. 

I am sure we will camp again, but probably not more than one night at a time. Maybe renting a cabin will be our next adventure, so Madison's middle of the night shrieks don't disturb the childless campers nearby. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio