6.19.2012

home projects

This weekend was spent doing most of the home projects we have not been able to do. Of course we did not get them all finished, but what else would we have to do if we finished them all?? 

Much to my delight there was an estate sale going on across the street and I scored some great stuff. I had been wanting a full length mirror in our bedroom for some time, but did not want to spend the  $50 most stores charge. So I found one at the estate sale that just needed some paint. I went gray crazy in our bedroom. I painted the mirror, the nightstand, a painting for over the bed, and the chair (i found in an alley way), all gray.

We have never had a real master bedroom. A room that fully felt like ours, so I had been putting alot of thought into how to make a little nest for us. I think that having such neutral colors in our room is great for my mind. It is calming and simple. I still have more fine touches, but I really like the way it is coming together. 

 

 
 I also found an old gold mirror and painted that yellow to compliment our kitchen. 



We bought a few more items from the estate sale, like old pirex bowels, wine glasses, and some old fence posts I hope to use for a project soon. 

Another project in the works is an old china cabinet I picked up for free off of Craigslist. I have to paint it, but hopefully that will be finished soon. We desperately need more cabinet space for our dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio