7.24.2010

Back Packing

We successfully went on our first backpacking trip. I really like being able to go out into the wilderness on a whim. I have grown to not so much dread camping in the mountains (it is freaking cold up there), but get a teeny bit happy about it (the sleeping pad Will bought me plays a huge factor in this). Yet, there is always a brief moment of panic about an hour after we are snug in our mummy bags, and I think, "what about the bears?" Luckily, no bears last night!




On our way up to the lake... Everyone kept commenting on how "hard" Aspen was working with her pack on. She was carrying a cup of her food and a pair of sandals. So really, she was only working hard at looking cute.




Finally, me made it!The hike was 5.5 miles. The picture on the left is the view from our tent.



On our way back home. We had to cross several waterfalls and creeks. Overall, it was just gorgeous and I achieved my "adventurous badge" for the weekend.

The trip apparently kicked Aspen's butt because she has been sleeping since we got home. I like to think its because she was up all night standing guard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio